Level 4. BLOG. Post 7
 OPINIONS

Choose 4-5 of these questions. For each of them, write a 40- to 50-word response describing your personal opinions on the topic.
Total number of words: approx. 230
Leave comments on 3 of your classmates' posts + a comment on my sample post.


What is your 
opinion about:

violence on television?
adoption?
having pets at home?
chilean education?
cloning?
recycling?
Immigration?
legalizing marijuana and other drugs?


In my opinion,

PARENTS ARE TOO PERMISSIVE WITH THEIR CHILDREN NOWADAYS


All parents love their children. Parental love is sometimes so big that it makes them blind. Parents don’t usually realize that they can hurt their children when they are too permissive for them. Young people, when they get older, they get used to having everything they want. “Easy come, easy go”- they don’t know how much effort it take to earn money or to go to work on regular basis.

From my point of view, children get spoiled and they often have problems with their personality. They may acquire drug addiction or often they commit crimes. However, if they have rich parents they often get away with these little crimes.

I don’t think my parents spoiled  me. I helped at home a lot. My main responsibility was to learn hard and get good marks at school. I helped a lot at home. I often cleaned  our house. I had my pocket money, too. However, it wasn’t as much as I wanted or needed. I didn’t have everything I wished. In the summer I worked in the garden, picked fruit and vegetables. I also helped in redecoration when it is necessary.

In my opinion this is the right way of bringing up children. Kids should know the value of money and they should be responsible for something. They should also know how much trouble it takes to make money for living.

Comments

  1. I agree with you, I think you have to know how to set the limits between what is given and what is allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you are right, but is important to know different realities and vision point

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fine that the parents they are not permissive but being very strict is bad too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's parent don't know or maybe they don't understand what parenting is about. Today's children are a mess and can't behave themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that all extremes are bad somehow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's an interesting position, but I add the importance of knowing how to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think parents have to have control over their children, but they must also give them freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting opinion, the way people raise their childrens can determine the way the children will be in future for good or bad. I think it is even a political decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting opinion. I think that there must be a balance, because freedom is important to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opinion, children should know the value of money but I also think that children and young people have the right to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very true, since young people you have to be aware of how important it is to work and help at home.

    ReplyDelete

  12. The truth is that today some young people, not everyone, want to have things easy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you when say that parents are too permissive with their children

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that children's are really difficult to teach but as long as we don't stop trying doing it right I think it's good

    ReplyDelete
  15. i completely agree with u, ´cause i´m not too much older than my sister, but i feel that she can made more things that the things that i could do at her age.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that when the parents are very permissive, the children grow up closed in a bubble and when they have that to confront the reality is probably that the "knock" hurts them

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that is good that parents spoil their children occasionally. But it can't become a rutine in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I completely agree with you....i see that with my cousin , he can get home at night, go out with his friends without doing his homework before, etc....i think that i was raised "in the old-fashioned", but i appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with you. Since i was a child i pass through that . I always had everything i wanted in the moment. It was not until I get my first part time job I was able to valorate the effort of my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally agree with you, nowadays people wants everything easy without know the sacrifice behind.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is really important to teach the kids to value the things they have

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you because sometimes parents are too permissive with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree, I think that parents doesn´t have to let their children get used to have everything they want, because that won´t prepare them to front their life as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree with your opinion, however it is also good to reward children when they do some good things

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think the same that you. Kids need to learn the value of the money and help in their houses and be good soons.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think it comes a time when some children had so much free, and it's so habitual for them, that, then, is too late for do something about it. They don't realize the damage that it does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog